A process of metal stamping known as deep drawn stamping allows for flat sheet metal, made of the materials aluminium, copper, nickel, steel or a combination thereof, to be turned into shapes of a three-dimensional form. Some of the shapes that are made possible by the process include cup-like, shell-like, cylindrical, square and rectangular.
Stamping presses allow for the creation of these unique deep drawn stampings. A stamping press is made up of a die and a punch. The die part is a cavity and this cavity is in the shape that mirrors the end result. How it works is that the flat metal must first move over the die. On both sides of the die opening is something called a blankholder." This blankholder as the name implies, holds the blank intact (and immobile) while the deep drawn stamping process is occurring. This is where the punch comes in. It makes sure the blank is driven into the die cavity. The die cavity creates the shape that is required. The punch can be made to be as elaborate as desired.
Deep drawn parts have specific requirements. The depths and lengths of the shapes must be greater than one-half of the part's diameter. If this requirement is not met, then the part cannot be deemed as a deep drawn part. Deep drawn parts are available in many different sizes. As an example, they can be anywhere from a millimeter long up to many feet long.
The desired design is the determining factor in what size and shape is used. Deep drawn stamping is found to be beneficial in a number of industries. Some of these include the food packaging industry, hardware, communications, automotive and construction, among others. Deep drawn parts are readily available in many forms and can be as simple as soup cans, pet food cans, as well as more complex items such as oxygen sensors, sprinkler and air bag components.
- How To Identify The Type Of Motorcycle Lamp?
- What Is Metal Stamping Tools
- Progressive Stamping
- Applications Of The Progressive Stamping
- 6 Major Automotive Stamping Parts Inspection Me...
- Progressive Mode Features
- Which Material Is Used For Drawing Parts
- The Process Of Drawing Parts
- Consequences Of Improper Operation Of Metal Dra...
- What Does Automobile Bulb H1H4H7 Mean?
- Current Status And Development Trend Of High Sp...
- Main Characteristics, Design And Manufacture Of...
- How To Control The Surface Roughing Of Stamping...
- Lamp Holder Classification